Sunday, May 1, 2011

D'awww it's a Bee!

Hey girls it's Sunday! This weeks theme is your favorite character from your favorite book. The problem with this theme is that first I have to choose a favorite book and then I have to choose a favorite character... TOO DIFFICULT! After much arguing with my alter personality, I have decided to talk about a character that is very near and dear to my heart.
Dobby. Not doe-bee. D'awww bee!
Dobby the House Elf.
Dobby the wonderful
Dobby the great.
Dobby the Sock Enthusiast.
Dobby.. my BEST FRIEND!!!
I think you can tell, I've got a thing for Dobby. To me, Dobby represents the fundamental good and the idea of thinking for oneself. Dobby, a character who had to survive through years of evil stayed good. He did not go madly insane like Kreacher (who did turn around in the end though) and he knew what was good and what was wrong.. although he made a few mistakes like... I don't know, almost killing Harry while trying to protect him. No big deal though. Dobby wanted to be free even though his species had this inherent want to be controlled by others.
Dobby, like me, was also a big fan of socks.
Dobby helped Harry countless (okay, exaggeration.. deal with it) times and sacrificed himself to save him. DOBBY IS THE BEST! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE????


When Dobby died in the books, I exploded with tears, anger, and suspicion

And when I finally mostly got over that, this happened:


AND THE TEARS AND ANGER CAME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobby's deaths were two distressing periods of my life. My brother and friends made fun of me, but I don't care. Dobby taught me to

And that's why I love him.

Less than three,
Katie Z.

Reading: Water for Elephants
Anxiety Level: lower and higher at the same time
eating: granola
drinking: water
watching: Obama's speech about Osama Bin Laden
Quote: "Where is the plantation?" "GONE WITH THE WIND"  - A Good Man is Hard to Find

No comments:

Post a Comment