Monday, June 7, 2010

IT'S MONDAYYYYYY.


Hi bloggers, it's Monday.
Before I really start, I would like to share this poem with you all.


Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his/her living,
and that child that is born on Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.


I am a self-proclaimed Thursday's child, so even though I write on Mondays, I am completely Thursday. If that makes any sense.


So, I'm not very good at introductions because I never know what kind of impression I want to leave when meeting new people, but here it goes anyway.
My name is Jasmine and I am eighteen years old. I'm just a Chinese-American girl living in California, born and raised. I'm planning to go to a community college this upcoming fall, and then transfer to a four-year university. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to nerds, but what I see I love so far. Am I boring you yet? I should really just make a list to make this sweet and simple.
OH LOOK A LIST.
- Very pro-gay: I'm a straight ally.
- Music is my hot boyfriend and more (favorites include Leonard Cohen, Conor Oberst, Smashing Pumpkins, way too many to fit in this tiny blog)
- Fashion-oriented: I love clothes. I admire beauty and I'm not one myself but I am attracted to beautiful things and people.
- Food: I'm a wannabe foodie. As in I'm too poor to live like one, but Chicago is on my top foodie city list. 
More information
I found about Nerdfighters when a friend told me to read Looking For Alaska and then told me to check out Vlogbrothers, so it was all very direct. I wasn't wandering around the net, and then BAM, oh look Nerdfighers. I'm glad I followed my friend's suggestion, otherwise, I would be oblivious to all this awesome.


Tenley, I'll read you tomorrow. :) 

6 comments:

  1. Very awesome Jasmine, I wish I was fashion oriented, but I know nothing :). I'm a foodie too! I watch the Food Network constantly! I really liked the poem as well, I'm probably Thursday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foodie's FTW!
    I remember that poem because my Mom always brought it up when me and my siblings were younger. Mostly she'd just go on and on about what days of the week we were born on (I was born Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have such a far way to go. :) Jasmine, I loved it. Don't worry, you seem to be very good at giving great first impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH, that was good! I can't say I know which day I am, but katie knows me pretty well as you all soon shall so KATIE- DIAGNOSE ME!
    Jasmine, your first impression, as literarynerd said, was a good one. Looking forward to reading more. I was born on a tuesday, but, unfortunately, I am not by any means graceful so... Anyways... very good, very excited, very crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, I agree with the others, you make a good impression Jasmine :)
    I'm definitely a Thursday child and I was even born on a Thursday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to say. Its all been said. Good job!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete