Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Who knows whether that's how it should be; maybe our ghosts live in the vacancy"

Hey GIRLS! IT'S WEDNESDAY!
I'm rocking out to the portions of the new Ben Folds album (Lonely Avenue) I can get on youtube and groove shark and, guys, it's fucking amazing. The title is a quote from one of the 2 songs I've heard, From Above. So, I don't know if you guys know Ben Folds, but if you don't (or if you do) it's time to immerse yourself in him for the next week and a half at least. Take some Mountain Goats/ Radiohead/ Arcade Fire/ CAKE breaks and just dive into some Ben Folds. He is AMAZING. Let's look at some more quotes...

I’m a genius, really, I’m excellent
Better than them, I kick their asses
All of them, even that guy
Who thinks he’s fuckin’ cool
Gets all of the attention
He doesn’t sell shit does he.
-A Working Day... this song is too good... I'm linking it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP_0cfW2dKo


Also, here is from above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQ-qdUmi1M&feature=related


... Ben Folds may or may not make my "guilt free three"... the only thing that might hold him back is the fact that he's 44 and married with 3 kids... but he's AMAZING.


So I'm pretty sure that the theme for this week is procrastination... let me tell you that, when it comes to procrastination, I'm a goddamn genius. I have ADD and a hard time focuOOOOOH SHINEY! No, but really, I have ADD and I procrastinate to the MAX. And much like Scotty with his crazy teleporting abilities you have to be born with the procrastination skill, it can't be learned. 


So, something that I know shouldn't get on my nerves, but does anyways: People constantly say I don't act like a girl... this confuses me... I know I probably eat like a guy, but still, hey, look, I'm a girl... so, girls, I'f wondering WHAT IS THIS CRITERIA FOR GIRLY-NESS THAT I SUPPOSEDLY DON'T MEET? Please, tell me in the comments. 


Other things from this week: a lot better than last week. Last week sucked... this week rocks- ish! 


Forensics are starting up and both Katie and I are feeling pretty good about it this year. Mhm. OK.


WHAT I'M READING: EVERYTHING... today I was carrying Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life.
WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: see above
WHAT I'M WATCHING: well, how I met your mother is a great way to procrastinate... I just started watching old episodes and it's really funny. I love Neil Patrick Harris.
Quote: "Today I want to talk about something that means a great deal to me: Real Estate" -Lawyer at trial-y thing I saw yesterday for debate.
"Today I want to talk about something that means a great deal to me: NATO presence in Afghanistan" -Logan making fun of said lawyer in the opening of his pro speech today... we all laughed.
"How attractive do you think I am on a scale of 1-10" -AJ 
(responses:
Scotty: 11
Bush: 20
Chaykow: 15
Steve: 8
Me: 12 [though he may have deserved a higher number])
"You know why they put me in there in the first place? I have anger problems. I'm on medication for ti. So, watch what you say" (or something of that sort)-AJ to Steve
"Can the t-shirts be light blue so they bring out my eyes?" -AJ
"I wore that shirt in the asylum. I'm still mad I got a large instead of a medium" -AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment