Sunday, October 3, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (Christmas is a three month event for Katie)



Hey Girls it's Sunday!
I don't know about you, but for me,the end of September and the start of October means Christmas music time!!! I absolutely love Christmas music. It's just happy, fun, and it makes me feel good. I'm rather obsessed with Christmas, I started figuring out Christmas presents for my friends in August. I put up Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving and I make cookies the first weekend of December. My cookies are pretty much famous. (Hannah I'll send you a box, promise!) Also, I love the television specials on during Christmas. Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolf, etc. all of those are just excellent. Every Christmas morning I still wake up at 2 or 3 am and sit by the fire place reading until I make Christmas breakfast for my family. Whenever Scotty also wakes up early we play board games. I love going downstairs early in the morning with the lights of the tree on shining on the shiny ribbon. It's really beautiful.My mom and I put candles in every window (electric of course, because I'm a fire hazard) and put garlands and everything up. I put up my Christmas village and I just love it so much. I think it's so beautiful outside too. Often, the snow on trees freeze so everything is crystalized, the snow is so sparkly, the exterior decorations of houses are awesome as well. Every Christmas Eve night my family and I go to church, have a nice dinner (usually steak or shrimp or crab legs) watch a Christmas Movie and then I go upstairs do the entire Christmas ISpy book. My brother and I still write letters to Santa even though we both know that he is just like the cake (a lie). Christmas day, I usually just use the new stuff I get (last year I got a DLSR camera) and then pack for New York. My Grandpa lives in New York so every year we go over and we see a Broadway show, go to a dinner theatre, shop, and just have a second Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love getting new stuff, I love new stuff, but one of my absolutely favorite parts of Christmas is making the presents for everyone. I'm a rather crafty person and I've been making Christmas presents since I was 5. It started out as candy poppers, paintings, painted nutcrackers/boxes, and then bracelets and headbands. Watching Christmas specials, while listening to Christmas music, while making Christmas presents, while eating freshly baked cookies. It's my favorite time of the year. I love it so much. I know that it's gotten commercial and everything, but really, it's the most wonderful time of the year

Happy Holidays!
Katie Z
Listening to: It's Still Snowing -Catchlove
Watching: Buff the Vampire Slayer and The West Wing
Reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray... still it's good, I just have a lack of time
Quote: Me: "I really hate you sometimes" Kenneth: "I know"


Further News:
Ems and I had no driver's ed last week YAY! I broke 100 in bowling again! I probably did pretty badly on the easiest Chem quiz so far (good job Katie)! Something good is possibly happening? Hannah has a boyfriend!! YAYZ! I'll leave her to give you the details on Friday. At Sci-Fi club on Friday we watched the Sphere and that movie makes no sense at all. This week I have to make the cover of the school's magazine, design the magazine, write an article for the magazine, and then prepare for speech.
I expect EVERYONE here to do NaNoWriMo and become writing buddies with each other, it's going to be super fun.
Also, a few blogs ago we decided for there not to be a theme, but if you need a prompt or something you could go to a word generator site or something for ideas. Or open a book to a random page and write about the first word/sentence you see. Anything like that. of course, if you want to kinda copy what I'm writing about you can, I don't really care.

3 comments:

  1. sigh... I will never approve of the jubilation this early... at least wait until november 1st... please... you're skipping the best holidays of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not skipping. I obviously still celebrate Halloween, Guy Fox Day, Thanksgiving, and St. Nicholas Day, I just celebrate Christmas longer. Everyone says I skip holidays, but it's not true. It's like saying that I'm skipping a book in a series when I am reading it, but I'm reading something else that's longer at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is awesome, but I'll admit I haven't really thought about it much yet. I'm still thinking about Halloween. I mean, costumes and candy are like two of my favorite things. lol

    ReplyDelete