Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sarah writes a lot.

Hello bloggers, it's Saturday!
And I'm at home, alone, so I have time to blog again! Sorry for my absence during the last weeks, you know I rarely have been at home and I was busy. Besides the internet in all the hotels sucked so much that I prefered not to use it. If you want me to do some punishment for the posts I missd - tell me what I should do!

Guilty Pleasures
I have many guilty pleasures. MANY. The one I thought of first is my enthusiasm for children movies and stuff like that. I still love to watch Disney movies, especially the old ones. My all time favourite is Aristocats. And Pixar movies - of course - although I don't consider all of them as 'children' movies. I would not let my kid watch Finding Nemo, for example (I would also not let them read all Harry Potter books at once, they should wait for every book like I did. Primary because it's so great to grow up with Harry Potter when you are the same age as him all the time and secondary because if I had to wait, they should have to wait too :D)
Anyway, I also really like Hannah Montana. Everyone makes fun of me because of that, but I do think it is a really funny TV series. Sure, it's pretty stupid from time to time, but it also has its really funny parts.
Somehow watching TV series is a guilty pleasure overall, I watch so much... at the moment I am waiting for the new seasons of How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Dexter, Grey's Anatomy and Gossip Girl. New Hannah Montana is already on ;)
My other guilty pleasure is buying notebooks. You know, pretty small notebooks you could write in, which I almost never do because they are too pretty. I don't know how many of them I have, I never counted, but I guess it's over 30. You can spend an aweful lot of money on that... but I also get quite many for birthdays and Christmas, because my mother also sort of collects them and therefor supports me.

Favourite things in my room
That's a tough question. I like almost everything in my room, because it's so me.
I especially like my computer area. It's my computer, my monitor, my speakers and the subwoofer under the desk (I could not live without subwoofer anymore, it makes every music sound so great!), the desk and the chair itself...
Here you have a picture of all that:

On the picture you can also see my shelf, I love the doors (made them myself). In it are my medicine books and the folders from university. It's a lot to study... on the wall I have a poster about brains, you can only see it a little on this picture, but it's pretty cool.

Sarah's book of (To Do) Lists
Alex inspired me lately in this video to make a book with lists too. I often write To Do-lists for the next day before I go to sleep, because otherwise I would forget half of the stuff I plan to do. So far I just always wrote them on pieces of paper, which is messy and I don't like mess. And besides I think it's so true what Alex says, that if you don't plan anything you will do the next day you keep spending time doing nonsense, like refreshing Facebook every five seconds in hope that something has happened.
Today I bought two notebooks (guilty pleasure guilty pleasure) and will start my book of lists! (I also always write lists what I want to write in my next blog post, by the way).

Nerdfightersecrets
The last days I spent most of my time reading nerdfightersecrets.com (like everyone else I suppose). I hate and like this website at the same time. There are many true secrets I can identify myself with and it's in some way nice to know, that you are not the only one feeling like that. But on the other hand there are also some aweful things written there, which I hate, like when Nerdfighters are talking bad about other Nerdfighters etc.
One secret touched me most and I want to share it with you:

I already cried so much when I read the books. I cried when Dumbledore died and I cried during most of the last book. And I cry every time I see the trailer and I don't really know why, because I don't even like the movies. But still it's always like some era ending, I've grown up with Harry Potter, I read the first book when I was eight and the last book when I was seventeen, so it's almost ten years of Harry Potter and it still fascinates me so much.
(I also cried at the end of Lord of the Rings, not because it was particulary sad, but mostly because I knew there will never be another movie again and that made me incredibly sad.)
Let's share the pain and watch the trailer together:



Don't forget that brains attract,
Sarah

Listening to: Luke Conard - Happy
Currently reading: still Dearly Devoted Dexter

P.S. Do you also have problems with inserting pictures in posts? For me they always appear at the top of the post and I have to move them, that's so annoying.

2 comments:

  1. I get the Harry Potter thing. Also, big bang theory- awesome. Your room looks supper very infinitely cool by the way. And I love notebooks too. I come up with excuses to buy them.... so awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, Sarah. I admire your passion you have for medicine.

    I didn't really think about Harry Potter, but now that you mentioned, it makes me a little sad. I don't know why, but I feel that the ending of Harry Potter is like the ending of my childhood. I remembered how every year, Harry Potter would be such a huge hype and I know I'm going to miss it, even though I didn't like all of the movies.

    ReplyDelete