Sunday, February 13, 2011

Let me introduce Emilia

It's already Sunday, but Emilia just send me her blog post late last night and I wasn't online anymore then. So here you go - since I don't really have any Nerdfighter friends I asked in the Ning if somebody wants to guest blog and that's how I found Emilia. DFTBA, Sarah

Hello, people!

So it´s Guest Blogger week… And I’m here… guest blogging…

But, since you don’t know who I am, I might just introduce myself. :D

My name’s Emilia, I’m thirteen years old and I’ve been a nerdfighter since December, 2010. I was probably a nerdfighter before though; I just didn’t know it… Like most people out there. But even though I was a nerdfighter then, I only started watching the vlogbrothers videos in January, this year. I watched seven hundred seventy seven of them in three weeks… And I’m not even going to try and hide it… I’m pretty god darn proud of it…

I’m not even ashamed to say I discovered them through Charlie and Alex and Tom and Edd…guys who I fangirl over a lot. Not that I particularly like fangirling over anyone, but… I can’t really help it…

ON TO THE RAMBLING:

I recently taught a friend of mine what a nerdfighter was and since I didn’t really know how to explain it to her, I sent her a bunch of videos so that she could watch them. She didn’t see any of them so I had to try my best at explaining it to her (I’m no good at explaining, by the way)… and *victory music* a new nerdfighter! Yeah, you can all thank me later ;).

This actually leads me to another topic that has been in my mind for a very long time now: Nerdfighter Secrets. Mostly everyone knows about them, but if you don’t, here’s a brief description:

Nerdfighter Secrets: A website where people (nerdfighters) post “secrets” about how they feel on certain topics, mostly about themselves and their interaction with the community of Nerdfighteria.

The problem is, most secrets go with things like this “Since I don’t watch Doctor Who / read Harry Potter, I can’t be a nerdfighter” or “I like sports, does that make me a bad nerdfighter?” Short answer: No, it doesn´t.

Nerdfighteria isn’t about watching Doctor Who or reading Harry Potter… it’s about decreasing world suck and increasing world awesome. If you want to do those things you are already a nerdfighter. Watching Doctor Who, playing sports and reading Harry Potter, are just some of the things you may have in common with some nerdfighters. But I bet there are a lot out there who don’t like Harry Potter either. My friend, for example, she doesn’t even know who Doctor Who is, so… yeah, you can find some common ground…

That’s all I have to say…

BYE!!!

DFTBA, everybody :D

P.S. Sarah is stupid and forgot to post the text on Saturday and didn't even notice >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment