Monday, February 21, 2011

In a MOOSE...

Wassup, Nerdfighters? My name is Hadley a.k.a. Had the Punk Rock Theatregeek; I love Doctor Who and Harry Potter, I’m a Green Day addict, and I look like the chick with the glasses on the cover of An Abundance of Katherines. (Katherine is also my middle name, so that’s a little freaky.) Also, I’m kicking off my blogging stint with one giant-ass music survey. I think I missed a music week a while back, and I cannot pass up a chance to foist my musical tastes upon you all. I’ve added some 'Easter eggs,' if you will, for some of the songs - links…not in the dooblydoo. Because we have no dooblydoo. DFTBA and ETIRT!
p.s. Seeing Spring Awakening on Wednesday… [FREAKING OUT]


EDIT: I forgot to mention my latest favorite song: "In a Moose" by our own Katie Zellner. The lyrics are as follows: "In a MOOOOSE...there's a FERRRRN...that he aaaaaate..." followed by a happy/manic facial expression and accompanied by wild arm movements. The live version is really spectacular.

THE BASICS
1. What's in your CD player or at the top of your playlist?
a) driving music playlist: Doctor Who on Holiday - Dean Gray
b) Green Day/Foxboro Hottubs/AI cast playlist: Christian's Inferno - Green Day
c) Showtunes playlist: Inutil - In the Heights cast
d) Starkid playlist: Harry Freakin' Potter - A Very Potter Sequel cast
e) On-the-Go: I'll Make a Man Out of You - Multilanguage mix

2. What song is stuck in your head right now?
The Devil's Right Hand as covered by John Gallagher, Jr.

3. 5 albums you can listen to over and over again
1)  21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
2) Warning - Green Day
3) Hair Revival Cast Recording
4)  In the Heights Original Cast Recording
5) American Idiot Original Cast Recording

4. What's on your music wish-list?


 THE BEST:
5. Album you bought on a whim and ended up loving
21st Century Breakdown - Green Day (This was before my Green Day obsession kicked in; now look at me... XD)

6. Concert
I haven't really been to many concerts, but Rufus Wainwright in Chicago was total brilliance.

THE WORST:
7. Album that left you disappointed
Honestly can't think of any...

8. Concert
Again, I haven't been to many concerts, so I've been spared the bad ones. : )

THE FIRST:
9. Album
Most definitely something by the Beatles. That or the Dumbo soundtrack.

10. Concert
Does a Riders in the Sky concert count...?

THE LAST:
11. Concert you went to
Down the Line 5 at the Embassy, two days ago. My dad did Beatles covers and it was BOSS.

12. Album you bought/song you downloaded
Love Wins – Declan Bennett

13. Last song you YouTubed
A Song About an Anglerfish – Hank Green

 GOING THE DISTANCE
14. Farthest you've ever gone for a concert
[sigh] One state over. Rufus in Chicago.

15. 5 road-trip songs/albums
1) Homecoming - Green Day (or AI cast)
2) Ain't No Easy Way Out - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
3)  Castaway - Green Day
4)  Bled White - Elliott Smith
5) The Pedestrian - Foxboro Hottubs

I GET SO EMOTIONAL
What 7 songs make you:

16. Happy
1) This is the Life - Amy MacDonald
2) Born This Way - Lady GaGa
3) Bienvenida a Tijuana - Manu Chao
4)  Sorrow (Acoustic) - Bad Religion (Not so much 'happy,' per se, as 'hopeful...')
5) Don't Quit While You're Ahead - Drood cast
6) Gettin' Along - A Very Potter Sequel cast
7) If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett

17. Cry
1) A Pair of Brown Eyes - The Young Dubliners
2) Green Fields of France - The Dropkick Murphys (What is it about the Irish? They're sosad!)
3) L.A. County - Lyle Lovett (Saw him do this live...dude...)
4) The Flesh Failures/Let the Sun Shine In - Hair revival cast
5)  Finale - In the Heights cast (Every time. EVERY TIME. Every time I see it live, every time I listen to it... EVERY. TIME.)
6) Once We Were Kings - Billy Elliot cast
7)  Anthem - Josh Groban in Chess

18. Nostalgic
1)  This is Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home - Doctor Who Series 3 soundtrack (So what if the nostalgia is fictional?)
2)  Whatsername - AI cast (I want to go back to there...)
3) In the Heights - In the Heights cast (And there...)
4)  Jellicle Ball - Cats soundtrack (My childhood!!!)
5)   Yellow Submarine - The Beatles (And again! [Okay, was this movie an integral part of the 
childhood of anyone else out there?])
6) Beauty Mark - Rufus Wainwright (His concert...wow...)
7)  A Better Way - Tony Vincent

19. Pumped up
1)  Horseshoes and Handgrenades - Green Day (My designated pump-up song.)
2) Jesus of Suburbia - AI Cast
3) Holiday - Green Day or AI cast
4)  Suffocate - Green Day
5)   Know Your Enemy - AI cast (Tony...)
6)  Hold On - Green Day
7)   Uprising - Muse

20. Scream out the lyrics
1)  America's Suitehearts - Fallout Boy
2)  East Jesus Nowhere - Green Day
3)  The Wanting Comes in Waves/Repaid - The Decemberists
4)   Requiem for a Dying Song - Flogging Molly
5)    ¡Viva la Gloria! - Green Day
6)    Miss Murder - AFI
7)  The entire Spring Awakening cast recording

THE STRANGE
21. 5 songs/albums your friends would be surprised to know you loved
1)  Love the Way You Lie - Rihanna and Eminem
2)  Coming Home - Diddy Dirty Money
3)   Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback
4)   Up in Indiana - Lyle Lovett
5)   F*** You - Cee Lo Green (I don't know why! Believe me!)

22. Most bizarre CD you own/song on your playlist
[sigh] There's No One as Irish as Barack Obama - The Corrigan Brothers (I bought it because it was funny...but it's a really bad song...)

23. Weirdest thing to ever happen at a concert
The one-woman mosh pit who crops up at every non-classical concert at the Embassy...

24. Song you inexplicably know all the lyrics to
On My Way - The Proclaimers (Thank you, Shrek soundtrack...)

25. Sappy/cheesy song you secretly love
I haz two:
1)  What About Us? - John Barrowman (This man is made of cheese, but I love him for it.)
2)   500 Miles – The Proclaimers

2 comments: